Friday, March 7, 2008

Welcome...

to me, to this corner of the world.

I honestly figured since my friends have started their blogs on here, I should maybe start one here too. And the neato thing, I get polka dots. Polka dots are awesome.

We're off to a great start. You barely even know me and I've already started with the random craziness. Oh well, you better get used to it. As someone once said "I am crazy and it is not getting better." Oh well, craziness gives me layers. Layers are good.

I'm not the deepest person ever. I highly doubt I will ever write the great novel or create the most amazing music ever. Hell, I'm not even sure I'll register more than the slight blip I register now. But, I do like to believe I have interesting thoughts about life.

For instance...Life is hard enough as it is without taking yourself very seriously. And believe me, for my 25 years, I still have a hard time not taking myself so seriously somedays. At the same token, life is what it is. You can't really change what's going to happen, how people will relate to you and vice versa and just all the things that come with living day to day.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about life lately. About where I'm at. What I want to do. Who I want to spend my time with. Things like that. I'm not even close to figuring it all out yet. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to figure it all out. Hell, I could probably contemplate all of this for the rest of my life and still not even be close to a conclusion of if I did anything right by the time I die. But really, who wants to sit around worrying about that? Besides me, I mean...

I dunno, like you look at your life and you look at the people around you and their lives and do you ever find yourself wondering "Maybe I should have done this?"...I spend time doing that. I know I shouldn't, its not good, and it just gets you down. But still, I have to sometimes wonder if I really did take the right path in the end...I mean obviously I can't change where I have ended up at this point, I made those decisions in the past and they are made. I did what I did and went where I went and this is where I am. And, that's cool. I mean, I've met great people who I call my best friends and I've had great adventures so far. But, sometimes I wonder if I'm striving far enough. Am I trying hard enough? Or am I just coasting through life because this is where I have convienetly ended up? I guess what I'm asking is "Is this it?". I don't know. I'd like there to be more. I guess that's why I'm always coming up with stuff to do and places to go and visit and stuff. Because I want to experience all life has to offer, even if its only for a little while. I don't mind making a small blip, I'm really ok with that I suppose. But I would like to know that my blip may have been small, but my life in general was not. You know what I mean? Probably not...

Its ok, I'm not really sure I know what I mean either.

No comments: